Monday, October 24, 2011

Personal Learning Project

(I'm so sorry this write-up is late, I have been doing my project, I forgot this part)

For my personal learning project I will be learning how to crochet. My mother has always crocheted very well and I have always sort of wanted to learn how. I will be spending time with her to learn the basic principles of crocheting and hopefully, at the end of the semester, be able to present a finished item. I hope this will challenge me (not too much hopefully) to stretch myself and learn a new craft-hobby that I can use in the future. The only practical application I can think of is to be able to make wonderful (depending on how good I get) homemade gifts for my friends and family for the holidays. I also want to do this because I think it’s a good idea to learn how to make things for yourself, I feel in a way it’s a lost art in our society. I hope that through learning the basics of crocheting, I will later be able to cultivate my new talent and try at some point in my life to make a homemade sweater. That’s a little ambitious for our class, so I’m aiming a little lower for the purpose of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment